SELF SERVE RESOURCES
If you are unemployed or just want a new job, our Resource Center can facilitate your job search. Job seekers can conduct career exploration or job searches. Everyone is invited to make use of the Center free of charge, regardless of residency or employment status.
Our resources are designed for job seekers to work independently and proactively. We offer self-serve information and resources requiring little or no staff assistance. If more intensive, one-on-one services are required, please let us know so that we can help you access these services too!
To assist job seekers’ with a job search, our Resource Room has an extensive collection of library references and resource materials including:
- Labor market & research information
- Resume & cover letter composition books
- Interviewing skills materials
- Job descriptions & leads
- Business directories
- Financial Aid
- College catalogs
- Veterans’ Services
- United Way: help with food, clothing, housing, medical care, and other health and human services.
*Materials cannot be checked out and must remain in the Resource Room.
Newspapers and Publications
We offer newspapers, magazines, and other publications for job seekers to look through.
The Resource Room offers access to a Fax Machine and Photocopier for job seekers to use for job search purposes.
- The Fax Machine is available until 4:20 pm.
- There is a 20 page photocopy limit per day.
The Computer Lab is available to job seekers to assist those who do not have a computer, Internet access or a printer. The Computer Lab provides a good environment to conduct a job search, take assessments, learn or brush up on your Microsoft programs, and more. We allow individuals to use their own disk or flash drive in our Computer Lab.The Computer Lab offers:
- Career Search Programs including Michigan Career Automated Researcher (MI-CAR), O*NET Work Importance & Interest Profiler, etc.
- Internet with bookmarked career sites
- Microsoft Office on computers including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel & Outlook